Why You Need a Trusted Website Partner
We occasionally have to step in with a new or existing customer that has a total website disaster. For business owners with a successful high volume site, this can be a very stressful time.
We pride ourselves on managing website crisis situations and getting them under control as quickly as possible to get websites back to work.
Here is a short list of some of the situations we have seen:
- Website unable to process transactions after an update
- Unexpected hosting outage and not being able to reach the provider
- Website hacks to due lack of maintenance taking down the website.
- Website outage after a DNS change
- Host goes out of business without notice (!!)
This is just a handful of some of the things we've seen while maintaining sites or helping out new customers. There's no such thing as too much preparedness.
Website disaster prevention plans can include, but are not limited to:
- Real time data and file backups
- Failover hosting servers
- Constant Security Monitoring
- Monitoring of DNS and SSL
- Tracking zero day security exploits and keeping the site updated
If you don't have these in place, you're probably not the only one. We come across situations all the time where a business owner may not have realized that they need to protect their website as the business asset that it is, or maintain it on a regular basis. Websites are no longer static file sites, they now live and breathe. There are always updates, security issues, always the ability for employees to accidentally blow things up. We recommend having a website care plan to help give you peace of mind against these issues.
What's your website disaster plan?